Crops for the Future
Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour
Are you not sure which wheat varieties are best suited to your part of the state? We have compiled a list of varieties we feel are best suited for your part of the state, linked to photos and characteristics of each.
Wheat Variety Tours are held every summer throughout Nebraska to allow wheat growers to see, compare, and learn about the many winter wheat varieties available to them. Growers get an early glimpse of new experimental lines.
Visit this web page for more information on Wheat Varieties.
Information related to farm land leasing agreements, reports, and land market information
Please visit this web page for items relating to farm land leasing agreements, reports and land market informationa. These items are available at the following site: Nebraska Farm Real Estate
2011 Spring Seed Guide
Spring Seed Guide
Sheep and Goats
Sheep and Goat Budgets
Livestock and Range
March 4, 2015
Nebraska Farm Real Estate Report
- Nebraska Farm Real Estate Values Slip 3% in Last Year.
- Cornhusker Economics: 2015 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates Reflect Changes in Agricultural Commodity Prices
February 20-27, 2015
- Corn and Soybean Herbicide Options for Planting Cover Crops for Forage in Fall. Which cover crops are allowed after which herbicides.
- Q&A on Responding to Uninvited Drones over Livestock. Your best response may involve the camera in your smart phone.
- UNL Study Characterizes Genetic Resistance to Wheat Stem Rust, dating back to Gage, a variety released by UNL and USDA in 1963.
Farm Bill Resources
- Farmbill.unl.edu — Information and decision-aid resources
Stored Grain Management
- Regularly Check Stored Grain Temperature and Moisture. As temperatures fluctuate and then warm, the potential for grain losing quality increases.
- SCN Update: 6th Annual 'Tode Awards Announced in recognition of efforts by producers and the Nebraska Soybean Board to test for soybean cyst nematode.
- View segments on analyzing projected planted acres, corn hail damage research, winter wheat condition, calving and breeding, and the forecast for the next week (Feb. 20.
- View segments on soybean seed treatments, the Supreme Court ruling on Republican River water use, the cattle market, and the weather forecast for next week (Feb. 27).
IANR & Extension Events
- Crop Scout Training for Pest Managers March 5
- Next Heuermann Lecture: Climate Change in the American Mind
- Chemigation Certification Training in Western Nebraska
- Nebraska No-till Conferences Feb. 23, 24
- Ag Estate, Transition Planning Workshops
- Precision Ag Data Management Workshops
- Landlord Tenant Lease Workshops Continue
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.